Pet First-Aid Essentials
As dog owners, preparation for every situation is a must. That includes the possibility of your dog needing a first aid kit!
Actually, a lot of the items that are included with human first-aid kits can be used with your beloved pets. It’s always a good idea to have this on hand when traveling, having a dog-sitter watch your dog, or just in the house ready for when you need it.
To put together your own pet first-aid kit, listed below are some essentials!
- Absorbent gauze pads, cottons balls and swabs
- Gloves for potentially icky situations
- Scissors & tweezers
- Antibiotic ointment
- Ice packs for swelling or pain management
- Animal-safe dish-washing detergent in case you need to wash your pet
- Styptic powder in case you cut your pets quick
- Saline eye solution
- 3% hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting (very important to ask your vet before giving this to your pet!)
- And most importantly, the complete contact information of your current veterinarian!
Many of these items are recommended by the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, so you can trust you’ll be ready for any situation with your pet.
- Team Account